You will need to do some call server with the formapi to see if the folder exists and to create it if not
Generally, what I try to do with DCTs is add the appropriate FormAPI code (including callServer code) to programmatically name the DCR and generated file based on one or more fields of data captured within the DCT - included in that naming is the relative-path information which is used both within the data/ directory (for the DCR) and relative to the root of the workarea (or some static directory therein) for the output file.For example - if I have a DCT that contains a drop-down field:AdsNewsAbout...(from which I select "Ads") and a title field ("Yadda yadda yadda") - then when I save the DCR, I'd save it as:/templatedata/category/datatype/data/advertisements/yadda_yadda_yadda.xmland the output file would be:/.../WORKAREA/****/advertisements/yadda_yadda_yadda.htmlor/.../WORKAREA/****/content/advertisements/yadda_yadda_yadda.htmlBy doing it this way - the user clicks Save or Generate and neither operation prompts for a location.__________________
To see if the folder exists..I need to know the folder name..Where do i get this folder name from?How can we get these folder names?and I have filename field..name of the dcr.So that I would use path field+filename to create a folder and save the dcr.Is this correct?Can u please provide if I am wrong?Thanks in Advance..
Hi,Thanks for the response. [html] var targetItem = IWDatacapture.getItem(targetName); if (targetItem) { window.open( '/iw-cc/command/iw.formspub.browse_for_link?[/html]I tried the above code which allows you to browse..But only already available files not new files..But If I eneter filename in the browse window.It says.Filename is not available.As browse allows to browse already available files.If its a new file How can I do that?Can u please suggest where i am going wrong?Thanks in advance