Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
GCM with version 7.2 - Support for a "hierarchy" of SitePublisher sites
System
Using Teamsite 7.2 and the "Globalized Content Management" module that is now available out-of-the-box, is it possible to setup a "full tree hierarchy" of sites / site families such that one site inherits from the other in a tree-like structure, or do ALL locale-specific sites HAVE to have one single/common site master ?
Basically, is it possible for a child site to inherit from one master site, and then have that particular child site serve as the "master" for further inherited child sites ?
The scenario is as follows :
1. I want to setup a Master Corporate Site for US-EN. This will be my master-locale at the "top of the tree".
2. From that master site, I want to derive a child / locale-specific site for CA-EN. This is my second layer in the tree.
3. Now, using the CA-EN site as the "base", I want to derive the "next child site" for CA-FR (this is my third layer in the three), in other words, for the CA-FR site, I'd like the CA-EN site to serve as the master, not the US-EN site.
Is there a way to do this using GCM ?
Many other CMS packages that support multi-site, multi-locale, would allow for such "nested" / "tree-based" site inheritance relationships, allowing for any site to be extended off any other site, thus creating a full tree of locale hierarchies in a site relationship structure.
Does GCM support this ? If not, are there ways to workaround this, such that the locale relationships can be established as desired for content / site inheritance and dependency management ?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
vpatel
You can turn your CA_EN into a master site and it'll have all of the GCM features for CA_FR...
Migrateduser
Thanks for the response Viral.
However, is it possible to have "multiple master sites" ?
Basically, I have US_EN already setup as a master site, which I need it to be that way, so that US_EN can serve as a master for CA_EN.
Now with that, can I ALSO have CA_EN setup as the "second master site", so that CA_EN can serve as the master for CA_FR ??
My understanding is that GCM has a "limitation" in that there can be only ONE master site, within a branch, and hence the concept of a hierarchy of sites is not really supported. Is that true or am I wrong there ?
srosewall
As far as I understand - and it's fairly new functionality so I'm still experimenting - you can have only one master site from which although others are derived.