Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Sitepublisher Edit Image/File Cross Branch
cizeus
How do you provide the capability to preview and select assets (e.g. images, pdfs) residing in other branches when editing components via SitePub for image/file datums?
SitePub is used to generate static html pages and it’s necessary to have a separate branch for images & pdfs.
I’ve set up two branches – one common branch for images/pdfs and the other for developing pages/html files.
Through the use of iwproxy_preconnect_remap, you can retrieve images from other branches when editing components (file & image datums). Once the proper asset is referenced, you’re able to generate HTML with valid links.
The major shortcoming with using iwproxy_preconnect_remap is the inability to browse and select outside the current branch/workarea. You have to know the relative path and file name of the asset and enter that in the path field of the Edit Component: Basic Image window.
I would like to modify code to enable users to browser other branches and also to eliminate the MediaBin button.
Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Gary
TS 6.7.2 & Solaris 10
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
Hey Gary
I never found an answer to my post earlier about this. I have not found anything in 7.1 (or what I know about 7.2) that is encouraging. I know ECM connector to MB is one possible answer as is using a DCR. But no way to do it native yet that I know of.
Good to see you back on line.
Andy