Does the problem only occur on specific files or any set of files? (I'm thinking there may be a character in one of your metadata elements that's not being handled properly by the UI when loading multiples)Do you get a JavaScript error? (Use firebug to look for that -- IE sometimes masks them when things get loaded in different frames)
Are you using the old tagger via IWHOME/local/config/datacapture.cfg or the new TagUI?It might help if you post the appropriate DCT specification for the files you are trying to tag - perhaps there's an issue with that specification (though why it would work for single-file tagging and not multi-file tagging isn't clear)
Hi ghoti, thanks for reply...I am using old tagger via IWHOME/local/config/datacapture.cfg I have attached the DCT code bellow.When I select single file and click on tag, I can see all the metadata associated with this file.But when I select multiple files, then I am getting blank in metadata fields...
Hmm - does the problem happen with both "Forms" and "Policies"?Are you selecting files that only belong to one or the other ruleset - or files that could belong to either-or-both the rulesets?Have you looked through all the various log files (IWHOME/local/logs, IWHOME/local/logs/iwui) to see if there are any messages that might correlate with the action of attempting the multi-file tagging?
...2011-06-28 02:21:56,661 [http-8080-2] ERROR com.interwoven.ui.tagui.util.DCTMergeManager () - verifyChildElementsEqual: Exception: item null child Elemnt not found. ...
It looks like the problem is with this part of the datacapture.cfg:[html] Metadata that are associated with the asset. [/html]...2011-06-28 02:21:56,661 [http-8080-2] ERROR com.interwoven.ui.tagui.util.DCTMergeManager () - verifyChildElementsEqual: Exception: item null child Elemnt not found. ...Try replacing the inline with a standard item element to verify that is the problem.If so - try verifying that the metadata_tagging.ipl script compiles cleanly.Although usually the inline statement can appear anywhere, it's possible that the old tagui won't accept it within view tags.
Hi ghoti..thanks for this valueable response....I run and compiled the metadata_tagging.tpl, It is working fine with no errors.I want to ask you, when we view the metadata by selecting the file and click Tag ...It fetches the value from the EA of that file and display it on tag UI. Do you know where is the code for fetching of EA from file and display it on tag UI is written ? or it uses the same file i.e datacapture.cfg to show that metadata to user. Also Is this metadata is also stored in the file or dcr format or only set as EA of that file ?
Hi ghoti, thanks...The inline script makes call to database using perl DBI module.It fetches the values from the database and puts all the values in the combo box and user can select from that value. I think problem might be with the multiple connctions to database at one time which doesn't retrieve values from database. I will try to create the code which makes simultaneous connections to database and will post on whether it is resolved with it ot not...Thanks.....
Another possibility - something that I think either Nipper or Boris suggested in the past (I've never had to try it out) is to make one inline call during init() to fetch the data from the DB and store the information within one (or more) hidden field(s) within the DCT or stored as a JavaScript structure within the FormAPI layer [?] - so that your replicants can fetch the information from there rather than making N DBI calls.
Thanks ghoti....But if the 3 files were selected, then does that means 3 times the init() function of the datacapture.cfg metadata tagging DCT would be called when tag is clicked, and it would fetch the values stored by the javascript structure or dct hidden fields.....
Oops sorry - I forgot you were dealing with tagging and not regular FormsPublisher. I don't think the approach I suggested (based on someone else's approach for FormsPublisher) will work in this case.You could have an automated process that periodically queries the DB and creates / updates a static file with the information and change your inlines to just read and spit back out that data. It's not as "dynamic" as the original intent of the code was probably meant to be, but it should alleviate the multiple DB connection issue.
ohhhh.......I will try to create such proccess and code....Will update on that...Thanks ghoti...for all your quick suggestions..It really helps me to go deep in the issue and work on it.
can you post the logic you have implemented