Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Workaround for Component Update Option?
SE123
Hi,
I am facing one problem I have one component which is deployed on nearly 300 pages. Now when I want to remove one datum from my component but once I had removed the datum I need to update all the pages, but while updating pages it Livesite provides me only two options
1) Update the component and preserve all the changes.
2) Overwrite the component.
My require will met only if I select 2nd option otherwise the datum will not get removed from the pages but in this option I will lost all the configuration which I had made on my 300 pages for that particular component and each page has different configurations. By configuration I mean to say the DCR which I had selected for that component and String datum.
Can someone suggest how can I update the component without losing all the configurations.
Thanks in advance.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
xyz1
I ran into similar issue. I had a DCR attached to all of my page. Once I updated the component in al the pages the attached dcr is gone. I had wot write a script to tie DCR back tot eh page and run EA.
My workaround script, looks for the particular DCR node in the page and replaces its value with the DCR name that I wan to attach. and then run the EA on it.
You can try similarly.
Stokes
It's a hack, but for removing that element from 300 pages, I'd consider modifying the .page files directly.