Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Supported search solution 6.5 -> 6.7 -> 7.x
dazzlad
Hello,
We are looking to implement content search in TeamSite.
The search will be of extended attributes.
For bonus points we'd like to be able to deploy the index and use it on our deployed website.
I've logged into the IWOV support site and all of the TeamSite search downloads appear to have been removed from our account?
My question is this: with the Autonomy take over does TeamSite search get replaced with IDOL.
Considering we have to implement for TS 6.5 and then migrate through to 6.7 and 7.x later in the year is either IDOL or TeamSite search supported through all versions?
Has TS Search downloads been disabled for everyone in order to promote IDOL or is this specific to my login?
Finally, is there a case for putting something custom in place like Lucene/Solr? As I remember TeamSite search has quite a heavy footprint and often requires additional hardware.
Any thoughts/feedback would be much appreciated.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
It's available under all versions in the ESD Systems Downloads Center. You have to click inside TeamSite x.x for x in order to get to the download.
If (for example) I click on TeamSite 6.5 for Windows I can then find a TeamSite Search 1.0.0 for Windows link.
Clicking on TeamSite 6.7.2 SP2 for Windows gives me TeamSite Search 3.1.1 for Windows.
I haven't asked for access yet to 7.1 yet, so I don't see anything but the TeamSite 7.0.0 for Windows Readme which basically tells me that I have to contact them to get the download links enabled.
Frederik
I can also still see download of TS Search, under the TeamSite x.x download sections.
It's my understanding that TS Search is largely to be considered a black-box. Previously Verity-based, now IDOL. I think that starting with TS Search 3.x, first launched mid 2009 (?), it became IDOL (not sure). But IWOV never really "advertised" who was the search provider (except now of course, with the big 7.x IDOL push)
Looking at the various downloads under TS 6.7.x, it seems to me that TS Search has been back-ported to earlier releases... e.g. TS 6.7.2 has both a TS Search 2.x and 3.x download available. TS 6.7.1 SP1 has only a TS Search 3.x available, yet dated 2 years after the initial SP1 release. And TS 6.7.1 only has TS Search 2.x
Note that when switching from Verity based to IDOL based (TS 2 -> 3) you need to rebuild you indexes. Depending on your repository size, that may or may not be a concern.
I'm curious to see what others have to say on using Solr for your req't. I'm unfamiliar with that option. We have used Lucene for some fulltext searches on the front-end websites, but not for search in TeamSite.