Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
New Special Characters in Support Articles
System
I was just reading some of the newer support articles and noticed that things like — appearing here and there. Assuming these articles are generated with templating and remebering all those A-hat issues from when VFE was introduced I am wondering if this is a feature of 6.x Templating/DataDeploy?
For instance
https://support.interwoven.com/kb/kb_show_article2.asp?ArticleID=50477
.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Jeremy
Hi John,
I just checked it in my browser and it "works for me"!
I am using IE6.0. Not sure what kind of difference that could make. Could it possibly be a browser setting?
Jeremy
Michael
Hi
The page looks fine for me on IE6 also. However if I change the encoding setting in my view menu (which was on UTF-8 to either Western European (Windows) or Western European (ISO) I can reproduce John's problem.
It might be that em and en dashes are not being handled correctly. For some interesting reading on this topic see this
article
hth
Cheers
Michael
Migrateduser
I saw the problem at work but can't see it from home. Both browsers are IE6, both have encoding set to auto-select which seems to be selecting UTF-8, no other web sites look funny at work.
Migrateduser
Attached is a screen capture, I didn't change the encoding.