Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Updatetask on whole workarea
pdasarat
Hi,
I'm trying to do a "get latest" via workflow on an entire workarea. The user will not select a file or folder. I just want the entire WORKAREA to be updated via updatetask and if there are any conflicts show the "Resolve conflicts" task.
The problem is each workarea has millions of files in it and when I use a updatetask with just the areavpath as the root of the workarea and srcareavpath as the STAGING. the update task doesn't work. it's expecting a file list to be passed onto the task.
Here is how my updatetask looks like
[PHP]
[/PHP]
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Pradeep
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
Updatetask only updates files in the current job and not everything.
This *sounds* like a really bad idea, but if you want to then run a external task and run iwupdate
pdasarat
The problem that i'm trying to attack here is, due to bad design implementation, we have about 200 workareas. One WA per user and the size of STAGING is 50GB and on top of it they access TeamSite via network share. They login everyday and perform "Get Latest" at the top of the workarea, which is causing perfomance issues on the network share.
It's too late in the game to change the desgin. So what I did was created a custom get latest CGI, and I have background process which will poll every 1 minute about the system performance with iwstat. based on the perfomance either I redirect the user to default get latest screen or if the perfomance is bad i redirect the user to create a workflow.based on the system perfomance the sytem will perform get latest and will notify the user with an email notification.
Anyways I realized that the won't work and i'm currently passing the filelist to the CGI and perform get latest via iwupdate.
Thanks for your response Nipper.
Pradeep
Adam Stoller
The number of workareas and size of the backing store are not directly related (slightly, but not totally) - have you run iwfsshrink on the backing store?
That won't solve performance issues, but it could reclaim some disk space.
pdasarat
Yes I agree that with you say but main issue here is the windows share. Even if I run 10-12 concurrent "Get Latest" from the UI, TeamSite process sees no glitch and I can continue working on the UI, but the entire windows share just slows down to snail speed.
Yes I have completed iwfsshrink on the store long before when this issue started, like said there is no performance improvement.
Thanks,
Pradeep