Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
DataDeploy fails but no error in log files
Sbardeo
Hi,
I am facing very strange problem with DD. We have enabled parallel deployment i.e. we have set execProcess to yes:
[html]
[/html]
Now whenever we publish our content to DB sometimes it goes through and sometimes it fails.
If we retry that failed deployment then it goes through successfully.
I have visited few pages on Support and found one article titled
"Changing the JVM settings for OpenDeploy when execprocess is enabled"
It talks about modifying "$ODHOME\lib\iwddexec.bat"
Did anyone face this problem?
Env. is OD6.2.0 on Win2003sp2 with TS6.7.2
Thanks in advance!!!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Sbardeo
Database server we are using is SQL2005.
Adam Stoller
If you're using a fan-out deployment and either dbLoader or a DNR to invoke DD - you have to create
two
replicationFarm, definition, and execDeployment clauses in the OD config file:
.It's annoying to have to muck up the OD configuration file this way, but as far as I know there's no other way to handle it correctly.
Sbardeo
Thank you so much for response Ghoti!!!
In my previous reply, I missed few details like DD starting using iwodcmd start command without using -inst parameter.
That time I missed DD status which was:
Locating OpenDeploy service.
Got OpenDeploy service
>>>>>-- Start deployment CEB\DD\Research.
iwodstart running in default synchronous mode.
Need to wait for deployment to complete.
***ERROR - Starting deployment.
Reason from server: DEPLOYMENT_NOT_QUEUED
Details : Deployment Research is already running. Request to start it now cannot be done. Rejecting request.
So added -inst parameter in in DD command. But this time it did trigger DataDeploy but got error which I have attached in the reply.
Should I use queuing Option i.e.
[HTML]
[/HTML]
Adam Stoller
Okay - I misunderstood the original issue (thinking this was being kicked off from OD) - I'm not sure what the issue is with your setup - and don't have time to try to figure it out. Hopefully someone else can contribute here.
Sbardeo
Thanks ghoti,
I have through couple of support articles and found that this is a concurrency issue with OD6.2.0. Support articles has suggested to upgrade to patch 1 and add [HTML][/HTML] in ODBase.xml along with couple of configuration change.
I am going to try it on our Dev server and will update this thread.
Thanks!!!
ACheethayil
We have the same issue. We deploy DCRs to SQL database and if there are two deployments active to same table, the second one would fail. The reason is DD gets an exclusive lock on the table and all subsequent deployments to that table will be failed until the first one is completed. We have developed a custom script to check concurrent deployment(from workflow) to avoid the concurrent deployment to the same table.