Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Work out where disk space is being consumed
brizrobbo
Hi Folks,
Our default content store is growing at a rate of approx. 300 to 400 Mb per day. Whilst I have a general picture of where this growth is coming from, I am looking for a method of more precisely discovering what the culprit is. Unfortunately, the /iw-store file system is this weird mish-mash of psuedo-random files and directories (I'm sure that the iw-server kernel understands it :-)... so you can't really use file-system tools to work out what is happening.
At the moment, I have written a script that just does a find for all files modified in the last 24-hours (in the /iwmnt/default/main/xxxxx/WORKAREA directories), and then it just adds up the file sizes. Obviously, whilst giving me a general idea, this does not reflect exactly what is happening.
Does anyone know of a way of obtaining this information? Does a IWOV tool (or any KB articles about this) exist?
This is on Solaris.
Thanks.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Many moons ago, I believe I posted (or critiqued?) some code that would give you an approximate sizing of the store on a branch-by-branch basis. I no longer remember the code itself, nor do I know if you can find it via Search - but the basics were something along the lines of:
That's a rough algorithm, I might be missing a few pieces, but I believe it's something along those lines.