Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
MetaTagger Installation
gsheebu
hi,
I'm doing a one system setup of MetaTagger on my machine. The installation comes to 100% and a screen showing "Stopping iwservletd" appears. The system just seems to hang at this point and there is no progress. I terminated the prgm and tried to re-install it and the same thing repeated. The license screen is supposed to come after this.
Please advice.
Regards
Shiv
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mgal
This issue is on which version of M.T ? I assume you are on windows system. I also assume that you are installing a stand alone MT server without TeamSite.
Also as what user are you installing MT. Is this user a member of the Admin group on the local system?
Even if the installation is not completed does anything shows up in the add/remove programs?
Is the system connected to the internet while installing?
gsheebu
Thanks for your response,
I have already Teamsite 5.5 installed on my m/c, I'm installing MT 3.50, the OS is Win 2000 server, using the Administrator login. When I forcefully terminated the program i got this popup: "Setup failed to run installation, The Remote Procedure call failed.", The installation appears in the Add/Remove program but does not uninstall, instead starts installing again when "Remove" button is clicked.
Please help...
Regards
Shiv
mgal
You might want to remove all the instance of metatagger from the windows registry and then try installing again. Also make sure to manually stop the servlet engine of TeamSite before you install Metatagger.
And also open a Ticket with Support.
gsheebu
Thanks a lot mgal, the installation of MT was successful.
One more query, I have installed the Studio on a different m/c where neither TS not MT are present. When I start the Studio and give "admin" as username and password which is present on MT, it gives me a "license not found" error. I have used the same license as that of MT. Is there some other license issue? Or a different license requirement for Studio? Or have I just missed some steps in between?
Regards
Shiv
mgal
Good to know that MT got installed properly.
About licensing, try creating another license just for Studio from the support site.
gsheebu
hi mgal,
Actually i obtained the license directly from the Interwoven asiapac support guy. He said that the license was valid for both MT and studio. Any other ideas/suggestions?
Regards
Shiv
mgal
If this license is generated for the MT install and if your Studio is on a different system from the MT, the license generated for MT will not work as studio is on a system with Different mac id. So you need to generate a new license for the Studio with the new mac id.
Hope this helps.