Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Upgrading to Windows 2008 and TS 7.2
fiquebem
We're running TS 7.0 on Windows 2003 R2 SP2 EE 32-bit. We want to upgrade to TS 7.2, but we also want to upgrade the OS to Windows 2008 SP2 EE 64-bit.
I dont' think Windows 2008 64-bit is a supported platform for TS 7.0. So we would upgrade to TS 7.2 first.
But then can we simply upgrade the OS from Windows 2003 to 2008? It appears that there's no separate TS 7.2 package for Windows 2008 -- there seems to be only one package for Windows.
Even if TS 7.2, installed originally on Windows 2003, runs OK on Windows 2008, would a fresh installation of TS 7.2 on Windows 2008 be more efficient?
Thoughts?
Thanks,
S.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
Couple things. When I upgraded from 2000 to 2003, I just upgraded with TS in place and it worked fine. Now going from 32 to 64 bit is another question all together. Typically you would change hardware at the same time.
7.0 to 7.2 failed for me a few times. I ended up cleaning the computer up an installing 7.2 fresh. I hope you have these on VM images or at least have a proven backup.
Andy
fiquebem
I appreciate your helpful reply, Andy.
As you thought, our infrastructe team is recommending a fresh installation of Windows 2008 64-bit, instead of upgrading Windows 2003 32-bit in place.
So we'll be performing a fresh installation of TS/OD 7.2 too (and migrating TS/OD 7.0 content and configurations/customizations to it).
We're not using VM for TS, but we have a Warm Standby server and also a Dev/Test TS server. Between the 3 TS servers, we should have sufficient redundancy and disaster recovery options.
Cheers,
S.
Guerin
Been trying to install TS 7.2 on our new 2008 server VMs but running into problems.
During the install it is unable to stop IIS and returns a "bad service name" error. Clicking OK lets the installation continue so I manually stopped IIS but installation doesn't seem to be configuring IIS automaticly.
Installation completes w/o any other problem. Running into problems trying to manually configure IIS using the supplied .pl script. Y: Drive not mapped, had to do that manually.
Have you ran into any similar problem during your install?
edit- ran the .pl script, getting "Error creating the account TSIMP_NHRD132 , Please enter a valid password for this account" .. (NHRD132 beign my server hostname)
generated log file reads:
iw-home = d:\interwoven\teamsite
Hostname = NHRD132
MajorVersion = 7
Windows Major Version = 7
Using the following randomly created password: NHRD132Interwoven18.
TSIMP_NHRD132 creation failed.
To manually configure TeamSite from the command line, enter:
\iw-perl\bin\iwperl
\install\tspostreboot.pl "
"
Guerin
Worked around it, did the configuration manually and it's working fine now but I still have no idea why it kept throwing that user creation error.
sampleTemplate.rptdesign
SAMPLE_REPORT_WITH_PAGE-BREAK_INTERVAL_40.pdf
SAMPLE_REPORT_WITH_PAGE_BREAK_INTERVAL_36.pdf