Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Searching for text in DCR
niniti
I have been put on a new project and one DCR has 37 replicants. I had to search a particular text and edit it. I was having really hard time searching text. In text document, we can use "Ctrl+f" to find particular text. But "ctrl+f" does not work on DCR. Is there a way to locate particular text in a large DCR ?
There is a Search functionality in TeamSite, can it help locate text or is it just for files ? This Search functionality had to be installed separately in 672. With 71, does get installed by default or is it still separate ? If this Search functionality is a separate install, does it requirea separate download or does get downloaded with TS and just needs to be activated ? Does it require a lot of hardware resources and memory to install Search with TS ?
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
I usually hit the DCR from the file system instead and edit it in TextPad or some other editor where I can use regular expressions to find and replace the text I'm looking for. Of course, this isn't a method that you would want to suggest to your regular users. It is only used by myself when needed.
As for you question about Search. It is an easy install, but I am currently having issues with the lack of paging which can return alot of results which will kill your browser depending on the search term you use. You can install it on another system and just connect them together using the documentation. But the search won't do a replace for you or tell you where in the DCR the word is located. You still have to open the DCR for that.
Also, don't post the same question twice. Please close the one of the thread you started. It gets confusing to forum users who are trying to answer you question and it's not good forum etiquette to post the same question twice.