Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Get selected document's Imanage number
Aphillippe
Using: Filesite 8.2 SDK, Outlook 2003, Outlook VBA or VB.Net
I've posted this before but got no help, so I'm reposting, with more detail.
I'm trying to return a string containing the currently selected document's iManage number in the Filesite view.
I have tried the following through the Outlook Object model, assuming that a property of the selected object will contain the number:
Dim oOutObj As Object
Set oOutObj = Outlook.ActiveExplorer.Selection.item(1)
This returns the object in the locals window ok. Because it is declared as just an Object, I get no properties etc in the locals window.
If I get the object's class (oOutObj.Class), it comes back as 41, which is a DocumentItem. So I declared the item as a DocumentItem instead of an Object, hoping that the locals window would show all the properties of the selected document. Unfortunately I get an error (13, Type mismatch). So the object is stating it's class as 41, but it's not a DocumentItem.
The weird thing is, if I get the object's subject (oOutObj.Subject), when it is declared as an object, it returns the Filesite Document's subject correctly. All other string properties that would usually belong to a DocumentItem fail to return if I try the get them.
So there must be some information about the object that is available to the Outlook Object Model, right?
I might be going about this the wrong way, but I've looked all through the SDK documentation and can't find any reference to a method of finding profile info for the currently selected document.
Anyone know what object class/type the iManage document would present itself to the outlook explorer as?
Or any other way of achieving the above?
Many thanks in advance.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
I'm trying to do the exact same thing. Has anyone been able to get this working? Thanks in advance!