Yea 7.2 is quite buggy. 7.1 is much better. That being said, there is some really cool functionality in 7.2I hope 7.2.1 is due really soon.
Andy, what's cool in particular? I'm really interested.The issue is that with some clients they insist on going with the latest version.
It is new, therefore it is cool. You must be too old to understand. The language translation functionality will be a big plus to a lot of my customers, as will the association management (associate disparate objects into 1 logical item).
Careful: "language translation functionality" may be mis-intepreted by some.(Is it possible that the Autonomy marketeers have used vague terms to entice the unwary?)It's the provision of a workflow to help manage the translation process and some tools to help you see what has/hasn't been translated from a master asset.GCM (Globalised Content Management) - the ability to have a hierarchy of localised sites and assets is interesting, but I've yet to use it in anger, and call be synical, but I suspect there will be some capability that the developers haven't consider / provided for in the first cut - expect this area to mature over the next few releases I'd say.Another key thing to look out for: switch to JBoss for everything (goodbye stand-alone Tomcat) with the added joy of having to learn the whereabouts for a whole new bunch of log files... no more servletd logging I'm afraid.
well. I have been developing translation workflows and infrastructure in 2002. In TeamSite. nothing new
Yeah, I understand some site publisher stuff, but we have a very little uptake of the SP here, and quite a few huge legacy accounts that just need the continuation of business. Which I can hardly see happening with this release.
I am not sure if you are aware of this but the Dependency Management functionality can be used for DCRs and other assets -- not just SP pages. Say for example: you have an image and want to find out what are all of the other assets (DCRs, generated HTML/JSP/ASP files, etc.) that are referrencing that particular image -- this is what that provides. It is a bi-directional relationship mapping:1. Given an image (or any other asset -- including DCRs), find out all of the other assets using this image.2. Given a DCR, find out all of the assets that are being used in this DCR.This is very basic and powerful functionality that was introduced in 7.2. It is not just limited to SP.HTH!
What is the way to find out all dependent assets for a DCR in TS7.2 environment programatically?