Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
targeting-heartbeat rule not applied in preview
catorarn
I have installed the targeting-heartbeat spar in a branch called targeting-heartbeat and that works successfully in the customer TS71/solaris10 environment.
Now I wanted to go one step ahead and I copied the same conditions, rules, segments, actions into the branch for the customers own branch. I am using the exact same component in a page and for some strange reason the Preview does not show the component at all. In Firebug I also have an empty body element1. The same preview in the targeting-heartbeat branch shows fine.
I also deployed the test page to livesite runtime and also there an empty page.
Anybody an idea why this happens? I must have missed out on some configuration setting, but I compared the branches extensively (default.site settings are equal. I copied iwov-resources across from the targeting-heartbeat branch to the customer branch and I removed some conflicting rule from the customer branch
The component preview shows the success image fine.
I really need some expert assistance implementing this targeting, this is for one of the biggest UK customers we have.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
AlexC
Check the livesite.preview.log for any exceptions, if none, then turn logging level for com.interwoven.livesite to DEBUG and repeat and see if anything in the log explains why it is not working, if you can't figure it out you may need to contact support (the log file may be quite large with all the DEBUG turned on).
catorarn
I found out it had to do with the page layout type. The targeting-heartbeat is using default HTML/DIV, but the customer is using div-layout-marketing.xsl with DIV layout. Something was preventing the image from showing in preview.
Curiously nothing was logged in livesite.preview.log to indicate errors. I did what you said and the log got populated okay when in edit mode.