has anyone here attended this particular training session?http://registration.autonomy.com/autonomy/scheduledetails.php?CId=3879or one similar that covers both teamsite and open deploy?if so, what would give the training on a scale of 1 to 10 and what location did you go to when you received training. all comments welcomed.
If so, what would give the training on a scale of 1 to 10 and what location did you go to when you received training. all comments welcomed.
That depends on the role you fill in your organization. I'll say that most people that go on IWOV training are generally very happy with the instructors. Personally, as a developer and business consultant, I find that the training covers the features and functionality very well, *in the context for which they were intended*. By that I mean that few instructors can answer questions relating to complex implementations or "what would you do if you were presented with x, y and z requirements." They're fantastic at delivering the material, but it's not their job to figure out how to solve your particular organization's problems -- that creative part is left up to you, in piecing together what you learn in training into a real-world solution that works for you. They're instructors, not solution designers.TeamSite isn't a baked solution that forces you down a specific path like many COTS CMS's out there do (even though the training kinda slants it that way). It's one of the most feature-rich platforms I've seen out there and you don't get anywhere without customizing it to fit your needs. And in doing so, you can get it to do just about anything and there isn't usually an answer that fits all customers.. hence why instructors can only show you the door -- you are the one that must walk through it.
Not looking for them to do my job.
Yes, sorry, didn't mean to come across as assuming you did. The point I was trying to get across is that, in my opinion and experience, the training is somewhat limited in terms of real-world examples and I'd hate for anybody to walk away from the product stack just because the training didn't show its full potential.