Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
sending user id to send_mail, not mapping
kellyrmilligan
I am sending an email using iwsend_mail.ipl, and in one part of my workflow, need to send a confirmation email to the user that created the job. this is stored in variable $uContributor, and the following is the email external task code:
<externaltask lock = "f" name = "Email_Contributor" owner = "__INSERT__($uIWADmin);" retry = "t" start = "f" description = "Your Content Has Been Submitted">
<areavpath v = "/default/main/Med_Policies/WORKAREA/Policies"/>
<successors>
<successorset description = "End Task">
<succ v = "EndTask"/>
</successorset>
</successors>
<command v = "/usr/iw-home/bin/iwsend_mail.ipl"/>
<variables>
<variable key = "mail_to" value = "$uContributor"/>
<variable key = "mail_from" value = "iwadmin@domain.com"/>
<variable key = "mail_subject" value = "Teamsite Notification - DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE"/>
<variable key = "mail_message" value = "Your Content has been submitted."/>
<variable key = "mail_url" value = "1"/>
<variable key = "mail_html" value = "1"/>
</variables>
</externaltask>
Any Ideas?
And my iw.cfg file is set to use email map, with the correct path.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mogoo
I *think* that because you're using a variable, you gotta refer to it like so...
<variable key = "mail_to" value = "__INSERT__($uContributor);"/>
...hope that helps!
maureen
kellyrmilligan
I was actually using the insert command there also, and it still wasn't working. I am going back to double check the config...
I beleive if I pass it a teamsite user id, sendmail goes to the email_map.cfg file, correct?
Kelly
kellyrmilligan
ok, I got it, I put the insert back in, I had to variables with the same name in the code, so that was mucking it all up. and for some reason, it doesn't like the group of id's that I set up in email_map. maybe a case sensitive thing?
Kelly