Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
nested rule
catorarn
solution: TS71/LS71/solaris10 Targeting implementation
I have the following business case:
In a header component we would like to display a message when a user is in site investor, a different message when in site adviser and another third, fourth, fifth, n times of different messages when in another site.
I have the following rule that will only work for 2 sites:
[html]
The Masthead will have "Anleger" in the right top for Investors
Investor.conditions
Display Targeting Message for Investor.actions
Display Targeting Message for Adviser.actions
[/html]
The question is: how do I else use Targeting 71 to get my business case met?
I tried to nest like this, but that failed. I also tried to put the [html][/html] in the [html][/html] statement:
[html]
The Masthead will have a specific site welcome message in the right top
Investor.conditions
Display Targeting Message for Investor.actions
Adviser.conditions
Display Targeting Message for Adviser.actions
Wealthmanager.conditions
Display Targeting Message for Wealthmanager.actions
[/html]
Should I use another approach here? What would be the best practice?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
catorarn
I found out that the rule like this works:
[html]
The Masthead will have "Fidelity für Anleger" in the right top for Investors
fidelity/Investor.conditions
fidelity/Display Targeting Message for Investor.actions
fidelity/Adviser.conditions
fidelity/Display Targeting Message for Adviser.actions
fidelity/Wealthmanager.conditions
fidelity/Display Targeting Message for Wealthmanager.actions
[/html]
The problem seems to be that when I manually update the .rule file on my PC and ftp it across, then TS cannot display the rules. Is that something seen before?
AlexC
Each Case contains a set of If conditions and you can have as many as you need, when all Case conditions result in false then Else actions are executed. Putting conditions in the else will not do anything, actions are supposed to go there (like Then).