Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
SP Preview not picking up SiteMap changes
Bowker
(I posted this on the TeamSite forum - no answer, trying here)
I must have missed a step somewhere....
I must have forgotten some step. I have a very simple testing site that had about 6 pages defined in the sitemap. If I edit a page that has a link to $PAGE_LINK[/search] (for example) and I preview that page, the link to "search" works perfectly.
Now I want to add a new url (node?) called /find that links to the same page as /search but has a param of cid=v_find
I've submitted the sitemap (using standard submit) but when I click on the "find" link (href="$PAGE_LINK[/find]") I get back a very generic screen that says Invalid Page: /find (in 16pt bold).
As a test I copied my "find" link and created a "search" link changing the /find to /search and it works. The symptoms all point to the new site map is not being picked up.
What have I forgotten?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Rick Poulin
$PAGELINK links to actual .page files by name and has nothing to do with the sitemap. On your new node, define an alias of 'find' and then refer to it in your markup as $URL_ALIAS[find].
Bowker
rpoulin - Thanks!
Used: href="$URL_ALIAS[/find]" and that correct the issue.
No wonder I didn't know how to do that - it's not documented!
$URL_ALIAS is not described anywhere in the SitePublisher Developer Guide v7.2. Do you have any other helpful hints?
Rick Poulin
I came across it a long time ago, in a webinar for LS 3.1 on a slide about page tokens. They had converted the slide deck to a PDF -- it may still be floating around somewhere.
Update: here it is. First webcast of 2009, called
"Using Fixed Area Layouts and URL Aliases"
.