Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Chinese language encode
tiru38
I am facing the problem with enocde the chinese language.
When I try to deploy the file on server it giviing the garbage value error.
Please help on this issue.
What is diiffrent encoding="iso-8859-1" and encoding="UTF-8"?
I am using hte encodeing="iso-88590-1" in visualformatconfig_ohcb.xml
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Rick Poulin
ISO-8859 is the Latin character set (in various forms) and is a single-byte character set and therefore useless to you for Chinese characters. UTF-8 is a character set that supports characters from 1 to 4 bytes in length, thereby supporting most (but not all) of the characters out there. It's the defacto "unicode" set, since it applies to almost all cases. It'll do great with simplified Chinese, but I'm not sure about traditional.
For further reading, check out
http://www.unicode.org/charts/