I am facing one strange issue with one specific component. Below are the steps I followed:
1. Created a component. This component is using an external. This external takes a DCR as input, does LSCS query some processing and returns a document back.
2. Preview the component by browing the DCR, works fine.
3. Created a layout and template
4. Dropped the component on the page, edited it and browsed the DCR.
5. Save the page.
6. Preview the page by just clicking on it, works fine.
7. Click on edit page, it shows up properly.
8. Now in Edit mode of the page, if I click preview page, it does not show up that component data.
9. This is not happening consistently but most of the times.
Following is the exception thrown in logs when this happens:
12:10:20,418 ERROR [PageTokenVariableComponent] renderNoCache: Uncached component generated an error
-----START

ata-----
java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to execute rules and externals<br> at com.interwoven.livesite.runtime.model.component.Component.executeExternal(Component.java:400)<br> at com.interwoven.livesite.runtime.model.page.RuntimeComponent.buildComponentTransformData(RuntimeComponent.java:200)<br> at com.interwoven.livesite.runtime.model.page.RuntimeComponent.transform(RuntimeComponent.java:281)<br> at com.interwoven.livesite.runtime.page.PageTokenVariableComponent.renderNoCache(PageTokenVariableComponent.java:216)<br> at com.interwoven.livesite.runtime.page.PageTokenVariableComponent.preRender(PageTokenVariableComponent.java:103)<br> at com.interwoven.livesite.runtime.page.PageTokenContainer.preRender(PageTokenContainer.java:260)<br> at com.interwoven.livesite.runtime.model.page.RuntimePage.transform(RuntimePage.java:372)<br> at com.interwoven.livesite.model.page.PreviewPage.getBaseTransform(PreviewPage.java:218)<br> at com.interwoven.livesite.model.page.PreviewPage.transform(PreviewPage.java:206)<br><br><br>Can any one help me out here? What could be the issue.<br>Thanks,<br>~Varsha<br><br>TS 7.1<br>LS 7.1<br>Windows 2003 Server<br>Windows 2003 Server