RTFM...and take some training. Ditto to all your other posts.
Do you even know the difference between a CGI Task and an Externaltask? If you did, you'd know the answer.
Really? What's the difference between the two tasks?
I really don't understand why are we taking the thread in an entirely different direction it's a forum where you can clear your doubts which is I am doing may be my title of the thread is distracting you. Just for your information what I understand after reading the manuals is CGI task actually hits the HTTP request just like a servlet however an external task simple excute a perl program.thanks for your help
With CGI tasks you can have user interaction (Users can influence the transition). With external tasks its not possible.Hope this clarifies you.Thanks,Murugan
Thanks for your reply Murugan but if you look at the example provided in Manual(i.e. external_task_test.wft), there also they are taking input from user like comments, iterations etc. and invoking it through external task.