Hi All, I have the metadata capture form using datacapture.cfg. It references the "metadatacapture6.0.dtd" for it's structure, but this dtd doesn't support the <script> tag in datacapture.cfg. If I point datacapture.cfg to "datacapture6.0.dtd" then this dtd does't support the use of the <view> or <view-container> tags. Can anyone resolved this issue before ? . I have to use the <script> in the datacapture.cfg to properly save and fire the init event of the metadata form. To which dtd should I actually point to resolve this issue. ? I have to use both features i.e <script> and <view> tags.Environment details :TS: 6.7.2 SP2OS : Window 2003.
I don't recall when tagging multiple files was added for the new TagUI interface, but I thought it was in 672SP2 or there-abouts.The IWHOME/local/config/datacapture.cfg is limited to the directives / functionality of the metadatacapture6.0.dtd - and thus does not support FormAPI code at all - and you do not get to choose a DTD - there's only one.The new TAGUI DCTs are located within IWHOME/local/config/tagui/rulesets60/ and can use either metadatacapture6.0.dtd or datacapture6.0.dtd - the former still does not support FormAPI, the latter does - but provides tab elements instead of view elements - look at the DTD and the examples provided (both in the document and, I believe, on the server)
Thanks for reply...So when I want to use multiple file tagging, then the teamsite will search for the "IWHOME/local/config/datacapture.cfg", even though I have implemented tagging using the NewTag UI using "IWHOME/local/config/tagui/rulesets60/" because the later does not support the multiple file tagging whereas the former supports ?
You don't get to arbitrarily decide on-the-fly - you either configure your metadata capture with the old or new system - and it will attempt to utilize your configuration for both single and multi-file tagging.If you use the new configurations - you get to choose whether you want to use the old or new DTD, but if you're going that route, I'd recommend using the new DTD unless there's some reason why you cannot do so (like if you are on a version in which the new tagger UI doesn't work with multi-file tagging)