Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Teamsite 6.5 vs 7
Aish
Hi All,
What are new features available in Teamiste 7 when compared to Teamsite 6.5 , and also whether Interwoven will support Teamsite 6.5 now .
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
There are many enhancements in TeamSite 7 compared to 6.5, and the release notes of versions 6.7.x / 7 can give more details.
One of our environment is running with TS 6.5 and it is supported by Autonomy Interwoven.
If you're planning to upgrade from TS 6.5 to TS 7, then the upgrade path is: TeamSite 6.5 SP2 to TeamSite 6.7.1 SP1 to TeamSite 7.x
curiousmaverick
Right from installation procedure, so many things are new in TS7.
You can search for a webcast demonstrating the same.
Aish
Thanks for reply
Is their any specific document which has the details of New features available in Teamiste 6.7 and Teamiste 7, I checked in realese notes their is not so much details on the features .
and also in Support site I can view only the Teamiste 7 material , other material are missing ?, where I can download all the material .
If I upgrade from 6.5 -> 6.7 -> 7 , is their is separate licenece cost or any other cost is involved for upgradation .
Whether 6.7 SP1 can be installed in Virtual server
curiousmaverick
Well features are incremental. So if you are looking for what has come in after 6.5, you may check the relase notes of all the subsequest versions.
Also you can search for webcasts in the site. These are pretty informative.
They have kinda messed up the support site. You need to search for individual document now in the documenttaion secion ( hope I'm right here) in the left menu.
Regarding license cost, you need to check with IWOV, as they have different agreements with different clients.
Regarding virtual server, I think you can.
Aish
Thanks
I am not bale to view documents section in left menu , i am logging in the link ->
http://support.interwoven.com/supportloginau.asp
I checked with teamiste 6.7 realease notes ts_672sp2_rn_v08_en.pdf, it details more about the issue description rather than the features , Is their any other pdf available .
I feel like their is no much information about the product or features available in the site ,which is very difficult to gather information
curiousmaverick
Did you try for webcasts?
Click on Knowledge BAse-> Documentation
mart2001
Some things that are in later version that is not in 6.5:
You can use tinymce instead of visual format in your templates.
There is support for non OS users.
Workflow can be develop with Workflow Modeler, and Autonomy Interwoven recommends you use Java instead of Perl.
Yes, you can use any of the products in VMWare, there is no mention of support for Virtual PC or other virtualized software.
You will need a new license for TS 6.7.1, which Autonomy Interwoven send a TS.lic file and you'll have to put it in iw-home/etc directory.
With TS 7.1, you'll have 48 hrs before you need to get a license.
FWIW, TS71 and OD71 now uses the same java (jdk1.6), so you won't have conflicting jars writing OD stuff in your url external task.