Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Strange error when I try to run an OpenDeploy script.
rashy
Hi,
I run into a strange issue when I try to run an OpenDeploy script.
If the source area is given as:
,
the deployment fails with this error.
LIB: 2010-04-28 08:39:08 ERROR: FindEditionByID failed
LIB 00003: 2010-04-28 08:39:08 ERROR: Bad VPATH(/iwmnt/abc/def/EDITION) specified for area.
But if we give the area with any particular edition, like: ,
the deployment completes without any issues.
So what does this mean: " ERROR: FindEditionByID failed "
I could not find anything related to FindEditionByID anywhere. Please help.
Thanks
Rasheed
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
rashy
The area path din't come up properly in the previous post.
Source area which gives an error:
area= "/iwmnt/abc/def/EDITION"
Source area which lets the deployment happen:
area= "/iwmnt/abc/def/EDITION/ed_1212"
Thanks
Rasheed
Adam Stoller
Try leaving off the /iwmnt part of the path - i.e.: just /abc/def/EDITION (where 'abc' is a store name like 'default' and 'def' is either 'main' or 'main/...' [other branch paths])
Also - what type of deployment is this?
I believe the magic 'EDITION' works only in a comparison-based deployment (not a filelist deployment)
rashy
Hi,
We are doing a comparison based deployment only.
areaDiff area= "/iwmnt/abc/def/EDITION"
previousArea = "/iwmnt/abc/def/EDITION/IW_PREV">
pathSpecification
path name = "."
/pathSpecification
/areaDiff
And this one simply throws the error: ERROR: FindEditionByID failed
Now when I remove "/iwmnt" from the path, it still does not complete the deployment and throws this error:
LIB: 2010-04-28 10:26:32 00025LIB: 2010-04-28 10:26:32 ERROR: prepare-failed.
LIB: 2010-04-28 10:26:32 Receiver-ERROR: ERROR: Client specified bad local path
I am confused...
leftGroupReport.txt
leftGroupReport.rptdesign
rashy
And this new error:
LIB: 2010-04-28 10:26:32 00025LIB: 2010-04-28 10:26:32 ERROR: prepare-failed.
LIB: 2010-04-28 10:26:32 Receiver-ERROR: ERROR: Client specified bad local path
comes along with the " ERROR: FindEditionByID failed" thing itself.
So do you think its got to do something with the backing store itself.
Something internal, which does not allow it to map "EDITION" to the latest edition.
And to add to it, this error does not come up in all the backing stores.
Adam Stoller
Hmm - I assume this is a Unix system - right?
Try
/
.
iwmnt/
abc
/
def
/EDITION
Also: