Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
TeamSite Reporting vs. ReportCenter?
Adam Stoller
Having just gone through the ordeal of doing a 721 Unix [Solaris x86] installation - I have a number of thoughts rumbling through my head; however there's one question I have that I'm wondering if anyone here can answer / confirm.
During the installation process, at around 59% there are prompts for the Event Subsystem and Utility Daemon ports - fine.
At 85% there is a prompt for the "TeamSite Reporting Data Database Driver Files and Details"
Directly after this, at 96%, there is a prompt for "Basic ReportCenter Database Driver and Details"
Is "TeamSite Reporting" essentially the same as "Event Subsystem"?
That's about the only thing that makes sense to me, but I was just curious if anyone else managed to figure this out / get this clarified.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Frederik
Is "TeamSite Reporting" essentially the same as "Event Subsystem"?
I doubt it
in 7.2.0, there was also a prompt for "Event Subsystem" database, and for "TeamSite Reporting" db, and for "ReportCenter Basic". (and there's supposedly a separate to buy/install module called "ReportCenter Advanced"
in 7.2.1, the ESS no longer uses an outside db, but comes with something included (ActiveMQ, or other... I just had a long holiday and forgot a few names)
==> that explains why in 7.2.1 you are not prompted for ESS info... it doesn't mean "TeamSite Reporting" is the same as "Event Subsystem"
Now... What exactly is TeamSite Reporting... I don't know/remember atm. :-)
I suspect (really, from the top of my head) that
- ReportCenter is for showing reports
- TeamSite Reporting is for taking stuff from ESS and push them into a format for reports
- ESS is the event broadcast system (as usual)
Hmm, does that make sense? maybe not ;-)
Hope someone jumps in to clarify ;-)
mart2001
What about Advance ReportCenter? How is that in anyway related to the TeamSite reporting? Are there any documentation about setting up ReportCenter?
wexio89
Hi All,
I was wondering the same, but yet I've received official confirmation from Autonomy support that Advanced report center uses its own DB, so prior installing ReportCenter you should have created a completely entire new database with 8kb page size as recommended by HP Autonomy
Rick Poulin
There's a graphic in the latest report center docs that describes this relationship pretty well, namely:
Event Subsys requires a DB for the underlying OpenJMS implementation (a.k.a. ActiveMQ) to persist events that occur within TS.
TeamSite Reporting (a.k.a. Interwoven Report Service) is a process that 'subscribes' to events published by the event subsystem and records them in a separate database for consumption by reporting tools, third party or otherwise.
TeamSite Report Center (comes in basic and advanced flavours) is a process that reads the Reporting database and reports on that data.