Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
VMWare platform
sanhitaroyc
Hello All,
I am using Teamsite 6.7.2SP2 on VMWare platform.
We are planning to get SitePublisher installed. I would like to know, whether installing SitePublisher on the same server is suggested?
do we want to move the server onto a differently platform?
is there a possibility that we might face with performance issues or somthing like this ?
Thanks,
Sanhitaa
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
SP is (now-7.X) part of the TS install, so you cannot really put it on a different machine.
Most companies I know use VM. It offers many excellent benefits as long as the hardware is sized properly and the correct VM is chosen. I had one company install it on a VM that would sleep after 8 hours of inactivity. Not good.
sanhitaroyc
Thanks nipper.
Can you please share the ideal hardware requirements for VMWare, so that I can check if it is already in place before installing SP.
sanhitaroyc
I checked with the Interwoven support and here is the ans frm them -
We have no specific hardware recommendations for VMWare in regards to TS. TS only interacts with the VMWare host via the virtual server on which it is installed. In your case, it would be the virtual Linux server. We DO have server resource recommendations for that. Please see the Server Hardware recommendations in the attached installation guide for TS. Sitepublisher runs as a part of TS and there are no separate recommendations for it. You can use the recommended TS specifications in this document to ensure that your virtual Linux server has sufficient resources.
nipper
I would talk to whoever is setting up the VM and give them the support requirements and have them specify the servers.
Also keep a close watch on what other servers get put on the original server. They tend to get loaded, slowing down the TS server.
sanhitaroyc
Yes nipper. Even I would speak to the VM team and give them the necesary details. Thank you for your response and if I find anything interesting with regards to this then I shall update this thread.
Regards,
Sanhitaa