Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Servlet Engine
mart2001
Hi,
TS 6.7.2 on Linux
Is there a way to re-install the servlet engine?
I see in iw-home/install there are:
install_archive.ipl (for sitepublishers .spar file)
install_iwwebd.ipl
install_toolkit.ipl
install_webapps.ipl
But nothing to reinstall the servlet engine.
Looking in iw-home/servletd/bin directory:
I I don't see anything that would help with fixing up the servlet engine either.
If you want background on why I want to reinstall servlet engine, every time I run make_toolkit.ipl, it messes up the servlet engine work directory and I get errors like:
java.io.FileNotFoundException: /opt/interwoven/iw-home/servletd/work/Catalina/localhost/iw-rta/SESSIONS.ser (Permission denied)
2010-04-28 10:44:23,289 ERROR org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/iw-cc].[CommandServlet] - Servlet.service() for servlet CommandServlet threw exception
java.io.FileNotFoundException: /opt/interwoven/iw-home/servletd/work/Catalina/localhost/iw-cc/org/apache/jsp/workflowModeler/ccpro/select_005fWorkflow_jsp.java (Permission denied)
10:32:34,351 FATAL [EmbeddedServletOptions] The scratchDir you specified: /opt/interwoven/iw-home/servletd/work/Catalina/localhost/iw_eventsubsystem is unusable.
I've tried renaming/removing the servletd's work directory, but after running make_toolkit.ipl, the error comes back again.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
/opt/interwoven/iw-home/servletd/work/Catalina/localhost/iw-rta/SESSIONS.ser
Does this file exist? Do you have permission to it?
Does the account that you're running make_toolkit.ipl under have proper permissions to the filesystem?
mart2001
Sometimes, this file
/opt/interwoven/iw-home/servletd/work/Catalina/localhost/iw-rta/SESSIONS.ser
won't have the permission set correctly. So I need to set the permission and sometimes I have to remove the servletd/work directory and run servletd/bin/servletd stop/start in order for that directory to rebuild correctly.
Yes, I have permission to run make_toolkit.ipl on the directories.
Migrateduser
Do you get any errors when you use "make_toolkit.ipl -nojsp_precompile"?
Look at the "Troubleshooting Web Application Builds" section of the "TeamSite® User Interface Customization Guide". It has some commands that you can run to try force a total rebuild of the app. I would suggest reading this.
Capture.JPG