Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
DBI/DBD for iw-perl on Windows Teamsite 6.7.2
yuvpurush
Hi,
We are setting up 4 teamsite (672 SP2 on Windows) environments (DEV, QA, Prod and DR). We encountered couple of problems while installing DBI/DBD module for Perl (installing VC++ for compiling and installing OCI modules for oracle etc). Now the DEV environment is completely setup and works properly, we want to set up the rest of the 3 environments.
I don't want to go through the trouble of installing DBI/DBD and its required products again and again.
I am just wondering if is there any way to avoid that. i.e. Once QA OOTB installation is complete, if i copy the entire iw-perl folder from DEV to QA, will it be equivalent to the installation of DBI/DBD.
Is the nmake process, by any chance, updating the registry. If yes, is there any documented entries to replicate the same.
Any help is highly appreciated.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Assuming you installed everything identically on the 4 systems (same path for IWHOME, etc.) - I believe that copying the iw-perl/site and possibly the iw-perl/lib directories
should
work for you.
I'd suggest that you first make a back-up copy of these directory trees on your QA server, then copy the directories from DEV to QA, then test.
If it works (as I believe it will) - great! repeat process for PROD and DR (and post here).
If it doesn't work - bummer - but post here with an update anyway.
Migrateduser
As Ghoti mentioned, make sure you have a backup.
This is probably overkill, but I would suggest using a folder/file comparison tool if you're curious about what the differences are. I would suggest Beyond Compare. I have been using it for a few years now. You can download a trial version that has no limitations. Select the two iw-perl directories to compare, then after the directories complete their compare, do a "select all" inside the BC open window, then right click and select "Compare Contents" to compare the contents of the files. Should give you an insite on what is going to change when you do a copy. You can even copy the files from inside BC. There are many more features that you can use, it's a great tool. And no, I don't work for them.
yuvpurush
Success.
When i copied the entire iw-perl folder from DEV to QA, all the code works as expected. No need to install DBI and DBD.
Though logically it is supposed to work, we never know until we do so.
datetest_modified.rptdesign