I periodically have (last night it occured) time deployments (transactional, file list) fail. Last night was an example. When I look at the log (D:\Interwoven\OpenDeployNG\log) for the different servers in the replicationFarmSet I get pretty much the same thing as is below.
Thread-28 entering commit
LIB: 2010-05-05 00:00:09 *** Proceed
LIB: 2010-05-05 00:00:09 *** fFailedCommitFromEngine 0
LIB: 2010-05-05 00:00:09 COMMITTING Transactional Deployment
LIB: 2010-05-05 00:00:09 Receiver-ERROR: ERROR: commit-failed.
LIB: 2010-05-05 00:00:09 ERROR: Failed to deploy local_directory[.] of area[Y:\default\main\MyBranch\EDITION\ed_2923] for filelist[D:\Interwoven\TeamSite\tmp\filelist.534021.534047.20100505-000000.txt]
LIB: 2010-05-05 00:00:09 ERROR: Failed 1 of 1 filelists
ENG: 2010-05-05 00:00:09 EDT GMT-04:00 Thread-28 After COMMIT, res=-1
ENG: 2010-05-05 00:00:09 EDT GMT-04:00 Thread-28 exiting commit
Also, if I look at the failed jobs from the Quick report and follow the link for the External Task ID I get the following error: "An unknown error has occurred on the server."
This morning the business was able to re-deploy the file without issue or failure,
I would love to track this down and know if there is any additional information available (logs, etc) that could help explain why this happens.
Thanks.