Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Search installation on same server or different server
Aryan
Hi,
I am having an instance of TeamSite 7.2.1 installed on Win 2008 R2.
Hardware specifications:
CPU: 3.1 GHz Quad core
Memory: 4GB
The next thing i want to do is to install search on the same machine as TeamSite. This is where I had the question. WIth the hard ware available, is it ideal to install the search on the same machine as TeamSite or on a different dedicated machine. We would be having close to 300 users in the system in the future.
So wished to know whether installing seach on the same box is a good idea. Would be great if experts can comment on this.
Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
Cheers.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
Ideally different servers. That is the IWOV best practice. Maybe 10% of the installs do that.
If you do 1 server understand that the indexer may chew up a lot of CPU so turn branches on so that they are indexed during off hours. Once the 1st index has been built I have never seen issues.
Aryan
Thanks a lot for the advice. I also saw something similar to that in the post mentioned below. See questions 7 and 14.
https://customers.autonomy.com/support/secure/docs/FAQ/Interwoven/58419.html
Although the post was on 6.7.1 it did have some info on search.
Thanks again,
Cheers.