Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Set Metada using the TeamPortal 1.1
sunil_j
Hi,
How does the *Set Metadata* works when a user tries to set metadata to content assets. Doesn't the Set Metadata uses the datacapture.cfg under /local/config ?
When I tried to Click the Button "Set Metadata" it invoked the setMetadata.jsp which has only 2 fields Title and Description. Whereas the datacapture.cfg has other 10-15 additional Metadata attributes.
Is it possible to read the datacapture.cfg for Metadata in a TeamPortal Implementation or do I need to change the setmetadata.jsp to incorporate all the 10-15 metadata attributes ?
Regards
Sunil
TeamSite Consultant
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Michael
Hi Sunil
Have you checked your metadata-rules.cfg also?
If you are still having troubles you should attach your two config files to a post.
Cheers
Michael
sunil_j
Hi,
The Set Metadata works perfectly when I try to set the metadata from the Tag Link in the email notification which uses the datacapture.cfg and metadata-rules.cfg. But There is a Set Metadata option on the task notification on the MyTeamSite Portlet which calls the setMetadata.jsp.
I have seen the code in the setMetadata.jsp and there are only 2 fileds "title" and "description". I am interested in knowing is why the SetMetadata option doesnot invokes the iwmetadata.cgi and instead calls the setMetadata.jsp ?
Regards
Sunil
TeamSite Consultant
james1
> why the SetMetadata option doesnot invokes the
> iwmetadata.cgi and instead calls the setMetadata.jsp ?
Part of the idea of TeamPortal is that your portal server may be in a firewall DMZ, with your TeamSite server behind the DMZ and your users on the outside of it. Because of the DMZ firewalls, your users would not necessarily have HTTP access to the TeamSite server (and therefore iwmetadata.cgi). Therefore, TeamPortal presents its own JSP for metadata capture. TeamPortal itself only cares about two pieces of metadata, as you have found. It does not capture the rest of the metadata that a regular user of TeamSite would enter. That is one of its limitations.
You can probably edit setMetadata.jsp to capture whatever metadata you want. This modification may or may not be supported -- I don't know.
-- James
--
James H Koh
Interwoven Engineering
sajiddc
sunil_j,
Assuming that I understood your question correctly, here is my reply.
The setMetaData function in the portal does not uses the Metatagger since the current out of the box teamportal does not support cgitask.