1) If base and receiver servers are on different machines, on base server all the config files asre needed eg odbase.xml. dfeploy.cfg, deploymentConfiguration , odnodes.xml etc. But the only file required on receiver server is odrcvr.xml, if there is no tiered deployment or no reverse deployment taking place. right ? or do I need other config files on receiver too ? This kind of details are not provided in manual. It confuses to rare users of OD like me.
2) can we configure odrcvr.xml from OpenDeploy UI ?By that I mean, do I need to logon toreceiver server ?
Say, OD base is on "rsodsrver" and OD receiver is on "rsodrcvr". Can I manage odrcvr.xml thru the UI, which is accessing ODbase ?
I was reading the manual and I read following
The Server Management window provides you the ability to upload any of the following server configuration files: ???? Base server (by default odbase.xml) ???? Receiver (by default odrcvr.xml) ???? Nodes (by default odnodes.xml) ???? SNMP (odsnmp.xml) ???? Event reporting (eventReportingConfig.xml) ???? JMS (jmsConfig.xml) ???? Database (database.xml) from your local computer into the od-home/(od-instance)/etc directory of the selected server. Any file you upload must be a valid XML file that follows its associated configuration DTD. |
How can UI access odbase and odrcvr which are located on different servers (I am assuming that base server is acting as sending server only. ) If base server is not acting as a receiver server and odrcvr is on a different physical server and if I want to modify odrcvr.xml, can I do it using UI , which is accessing base server ?
3) If base server is also acting as receiver server, do we need odbase.xml and odrcvr.xml both on base server or only odbase.xml will take care of sender and receiver server configuration ? Is there any difference in the DTD od odbase.xml and odrcvr.xml ? or both are created using same DTD and values in the fields are provided according to whether its base or receiver and they are named according to if they are on base or receiver.
Thanks