Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Launch and Expiry of Content
sunil_j
Hi,
I have a requirement where the content should be published onto the webserver at the specified Lanuch Date and similarly some notification should be sent to the content owner should a date reaches the Expiry Date as specified in the Metadata attributes.
I am sure the content expiration can be actioned by a suitable workflow being triggered on the specified date and lot of people must have implemented the same. What I am interested in learning is how the workflow is automatically triggered using the Windows Task Scheduler..? Can I have access to some script that does this sort of notification/triggering ?
Appreciate all your resposes.
Regards
Sunil
TeamSite Consultant
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Michael
Hi Sunil
In my experience content expiration alert emails have been sent by a scheduled batch job. Unless you had a specific need there is probably no reason to involve a workflow. One simple way this script might be written is to perform a directory walk over the appropriate staging areas and check the metadata on each file.
Automatically triggering this script can occur using any scheuduling means at your disposal -- Windows Task Scheduler, Unix cron job, 3rd party systems software etc.
hth
Cheers
Michael
sunil_j
Hi Michael,
Yeah I agree to your suggestion. Can you pass on such a script which does a directory walk on the STAGING and then invoke sme email sending routine ?
Regards
Sunil
TeamSite Consultant
Michael
Hi Sunil,
I don't have an exact script on-hand that I can provide sorry.
However if you have a look in:
iw-home/iw-perl/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/TeamSite/Dirwalk.pm
there are comments on using this module which will walk over your directory structure and allow you to trigger a command for each file.
How you implement your email solution is up to you -- perhaps a nice solutions style email. You will want to consider if you want to send one email per piece of content or send each user no more than one email which lists all their expired content.
Good luck!
Cheers
Michael
Bubas_IWOV
Howdy Michael,
Sunil, if you have already the metadata into a DB then you can actually build a script that is much faster, by doing an SQL statement to list all the files which expiry date equals today's date. By that you can actually get the path for the file and rest of the information.
How you take it from there is up to you, but a solution like this would prove itself quicker and less resources used.
Regards
Bruno