I'm not saying that Nipper's feature request wouldn't be useful, but maintaining the version history across branches could be prohibitively complex, negating a main reason to have WCM in the first place.
The problem I am trying to solve is that we need to be able to share LS objects across branches as we do in TeamSite.
1. Preview?
2. Synchronized deployment?
3. Content delivery on the runtime side?
4. Resource collision on target side?
Never claimed it was easy, but people have solved these issues in TS/TST, they can be solved in TS/SP
What’s the exact difference or benefits, using custom page tokens Vs proxy remap to work preview in TeamSite, if I keep resources (js, css and images) in a common branch?
Is there any way, apart from custom page tokens, LS to resolve dependencies to render pages in runtime?
From my reading, I see there is no way to fetch resources from common branch and associate to a site in a different branch, so that component previewed against that site and pages developed under it, can use resources of a site. Is my understanding correct?
I see same case with components also, there is no way to access assets which are in different branch, it has to go through dcr/dct.
Absolutely...they can be solved. My whole point is that they are going to be implementation-specific.