Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Definitive Guide to Interwoven TeamSite
Rinku4TS
Please suggest. How much helpful "Definitive Guide to Interwoven TeamSite" book.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
explorer
It is not a good book better refer pdfs of Autonomy's
ISCBorisB
It is not a good book better refer pdfs of Autonomy's
I would disagree. It is actually Ok, as far as this stuff goes anyway.
That said, note that the version behind it all is TS 6.5. Few 6.7 features are mentioned.
So, if you want to learn a little about Site publisher, Live Site, WF modeler, IDOL Search,
Flex Roles, ECM and all the plethora of new features - save your money, it won't be there.
Rinku4TS
Do we have some other good book for LiveSite and WFM?
Adam Stoller
It is not a good book better refer pdfs of Autonomy's
You think those are a good way to learn how to use the products?
Most of the manuals are not that well written, and very few of them are written as instructional / learning guides.
The manuals you get from taking a training class at Autonomy are more likely to be helpful in that regard.
With respect to the book in question - Boris has already pointed out its' caveats.
bagman
As Boris pointed out, the book is specific to 6.5 in the details, but I think some of the general concepts are still relevant. I still reference it from time-to-time for a different perspective.
Personally, when I'm tracking down a problem, I usually start with DevNet. The knowledge base scattered throughout the forums is better than manuals. Just wish the search was better. If I don't get an outright solution from here, at least I have a better idea where to look in the manuals or other references.
In the end, I would say buy the book. Not that it would help you all that much, but I worked with Brian & Justin while they were writing it. It nearly killed them and they could use the royalty check...