Hi,
Can anyone advise the best way to provide external access to documents through a web application.
We are currently using 'Addressable URLs' from within our web application to allow the end users to view documents, i.e. '
http://localhost/worksite81/scripts/ViewDoc.aspx'.
This approach causes us a number of problems, mainly because I can't find anything in the documentation which tells me how to explicitly login and logout of worksite. When the user makes a ViewDoc.aspx request, they are prompted to login to worksite (not ideal - I'd prefer to make this seemless). I also have no means to logout of Worksite and clear the session. We therefore have a situation where there are too many sessions open on the server.
Having looked through the documentation, I would prefer to go down the route of the "Web Services" / SDK. However as these appear to only work with trusted login authentication, not sure I could use the web services directly in my web application. I suppose I could create a 'broker' web service...
Has any achieve something similar, if so how did they implement the solution. Any advice on the matter would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Nick