Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Dependency manager: Wrong type of relation, dependencies not deployed
System
I am quite new with TeamSite and I am playing around with the new way of control dependencies, dependency manager in ts72. The problem is, when I deploy a pages, their dependencies are not deployed with them because of the type of relation. The problem is:
- If you check the related files of one of our DCRs, you can see the following:
[html]
[/html]
The type of that image is stored as a
image-dcr
.
Then, checking the flow of attaching dependencies from the workflow task:
After the beans, the class AssetDependencyProcessor is executed, with the function processDependencies() which only deploys if the type is
Sitepub.Deployable
.
What am I doing wrong? Is a problem of configuration or is related with the DCR? Before 7.2 it was quite easy to follow with EAs. I have checked all the documentation without success, quite difficult to find information about the new dependency manager.
By the way,
My datacapture is not difficult at all, I use browse to select the image.
[html]
Logo
Logo image file
[/html]
Many thanks,
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
I don't know about the Beans and the SP/LS workflow - but if you're willing to do some of your own coding - take a look at
this thread
- especially towards the end.
Migrateduser
Thanks, I will take a look.
But it should be an OOTB functionality, the assets should be deployed with the page without any modification in the workflow. so I am wondering what I am doing wrong.
Regards,
Migrateduser
Up, just in case someone else knows about it.
Because, again, the deploy of the images, dcr, docs,... should be deployed with the page without any customitzation, so I am pretty sure that I am doing something wrong.
Many thanks,
Rick Poulin
On what are you basing the assumption that you're doing something wrong? You just said you're new to TeamSite. The product just happens
not
to use the dependency manager the way you expected it would. It's a very new feature in the product, so it's likely IWOV has ideas for it on the roadmap, but as of right now it isn't used by very many things OOTB.
The notable exception is that the PLC workflow does use it in some respect, and yes it requires that the associations follow a specific format. Why? Because if you add custom associations, it can't possibly know whether those are meant to be deployed or used only for some internal purpose. The PLC workflow is meant as an example to get your custom solutions going, not to be the workforce of your implementation. If you add your own associations, you'll have to customize the task that pulls in dependencies. And if we're not talking LiveSite, you'll have to write your own workflow task to read and use the dependencies.
I guess the real point here is that the dependency manager is another "frameworky" piece that's not targeting one specific use case (which happens to be yours). You could have dependencies that have nothing to do with the deployment process, and instead maybe have something to do with your content translation process or custom reporting or custom portlets or...