Hi All,I have a requirement of calling a DNR script from a data deploy script.I am calling DNR scripts from other Open deploy scripts and it is working fine. Is there any way to call the DNR script from the data deploy script. I have gone through the manuals but no help..Please advice on how to call a DNR script froma data deploy script.Thanks in advanceRicha
Thanks Adam.I tried to wrap my DD script in Open Deploy Script. PFA the same file. I am also using the DNR to call a perl file. But my perl file is not getting called. Please look into the file and let me know if i need to add anything in the script.Thanks,Richa
Hi Adam,Sorry for the misunderstanding in the words "script" and "configurations". I have modified my config file as per your suggestions. PFA the modified file. It is calling the data deploy file but still the perl file is not getting called. Also can you provide more details on wrapper "script" method and which pdf to refer for this.Thanks,Richa
...You are absolutely right that DataDeploy does not support DNR. But my file(the one attached in this thread) is an open deploy script and not the DataDeploy. So it should support the DNR. right?But it is not calling the perl file through DNR....
I went throught the DTD, you are absolutely right, we can have either datadeploy element or definition-deployment element.Actually the only reason i want to use DNR with data deploy is that if the perl script called by DNR fails then the data deploy should roll back.I am looking into the manuals, but i am not getting any solution.Can u please give some advice on this problem so that i can go in a right direction.Thanks,Richa
...If DD fails - nothing gets committed
It seems to me that his problem is revrsed, eg"...if the perl script called by DNR fails then the data deploy should roll back..."Not sure if that can be done just by DD/OD, he needs to code some sort of two-phase Commit
Hey do you have any idea on "how to call a perl script from a data deploy script?" is it possible??Thanks,Richa
...As per my requirements, the content should be deployed to the target file system, metadata to be deployed to the database and using DNR , a perl file should be called which will further call a batch script. Now, if the batch script fails, the metadata and content deployment should rollback.
One more question:can I use dnrDeploymentJob element in data deploy config file? I feel that we can use it as it contains "Deployment" element.Please confirm.And if we can use then please tell me the exact location where can I use the dnrDeploymentJob element.Thanks,Richa