Environment[indent]TS 7.2.0 - W2K3 with WXP client[/indent]
Issue Summary[indent]Unable to test run an extremely simple Java program - in preparation for trying to build/run a somewhat more complex test program using CSSDK[/indent]
Background[indent]I freely confess that I prefer working with Perl as it seems a lot simpler to do rapid development and involves (at least for me) a lot less contortions and frustrations (there are some, but for me a lot less with Perl than with Java).
That being said, I'm trying to create a CLT-ish java program (eventually with CSSDK) to see if I can run tests from my client machine without (when I add the CSSDK code) having to constantly rebuild the toolkit and force the GUI services to restart and disrupt everyone else who is using the same server for development activities of one sort or another.
I'm using Eclipse as my client-side IDE - but probably at a very bare-bones / no-frills level.
I have a mapped drive to get to the TeamSite server (though that probably doesn't matter - yet).
At this point, I don't think the actual code is the issue - it is "dirt simple":
package com.****.wf;
public class HelloWorld {
public static void main(String[] args) {
System.out.println("Hello World");
}
}
It exists with the same Eclipse "Project" and source directory as several other classes which I've been working on, but at this time does not utilize any of those other classes - and it's the only class with a '
main
'.[/indent]
Problem[indent]I'm sitting in the root of my Eclipse workspace and running a simple batch script to try to ensure that the classpath is set correctly (even though very little of it is needed at this time) - but I keep getting the ubiquitous "
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
" which doesn't seem to help me get any closer to my desired goal of running a test CSSDK program from my client machine (
If I can't run "HelloWorld", what chance do I have with "HelloTeamSite" :-)
For forum presentation purposes, I've inserted some newline/indentation into the command - ignore extraneous white-space in paths which is due solely to the forum rendering software:
H:\workspace\****_WF>java -cp v:\TeamSite\lib\commons-logging-api.jar;
v:\TeamSite\lib\commons-io-1.4.jar;
v:\TeamSite\lib\mail.jar;
v:\TeamSite\cssdk\cssdkiface.jar;
v:\TeamSite\lib\asm.jar;
v:\TeamSite\lib\asm-attrs.jar;
v:\TeamSite\lib\livesite-runtime.jar;
v:\TeamSite\lib\livesite.jar;
v:\TeamSite\lib\spring.jar;
v:\TeamSite\lib\spring-webmvc-struts.jar;
v:\TeamSite\lib\hibernate3.jar;
v:\TeamSite\lib\dom4j-1.6.1.jar;
v:\TeamSite\lib\jaxen.jar;
v:\TeamSite\lib\sharedutils100.jar;
v:\TeamSite\cssdk\common100.jar;
v:\TeamSite\cssdk\log4j-1.2.15.jar;
v:\TeamSite\cssdk\java\serverutils100.jar;
h:\workspace\****_WF\bin\com\****\wf\WFContext.class;
h:\workspace\****_WF\bin\com\****\wf\GtDependencies.class;
h:\workspace\****_WF\bin\com\****\wf\HelloWorld.class
bin\com\****\wf\HelloWorld[/color]
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: bin\com\****\wf\HelloWorld
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
Could not find the main class: bin\com\****\wf\HelloWorld. Program will exit.
[/indent]So - what simple / stupid mistake am I making that's preventing this overly simplistic program from being able to run?