Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Temporarily remove user access to TeamSite
SethHickel
I am trying to find a way to temporarily remove user access to the TeamSite interface during maintenance windows. I need the interface for my work but don't trust my users to stay off if the interface is accessible. I know I could pull access to user groups at the branch level but this seems like over-kill.
A VP has asked me
"Is there a way to:"
- NET SEND a message to any connected users prior to maintenance
- terminate all open user sessions prior to maintenance
- lock out the system from user access during maintenance
- reopen upon successful completion of maintenance
- broadcast a system available message
Any thoughts/suggestions?
Thanks.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
My thoughts:
kill servletd or rename the tsusers.xml file
dynamic_text_globalVariable.rptdesign
SethHickel
But doing either will keep me from using interface too - correct? I suppose I could have a "maintenance" tsusers.xml that only contains me. Still wondering if there is a way to query all logged in users for a broadcast message. May just need to email to a distribution in combination with the tsuser.xml switch.
Additional thoughts?
nipper
Well if YOU need the GUI, not much you can do.
Have you tried changing the port for TeamSite ? That *should* be easy, change iw.cfg and run iwreset -a
I never tried that, but it may be a decent option.
nipper
BTW, I just did that on a Win2003 6.7.2 and it would nicely.
Reghunath
To find out
- NET SEND a message to any connected users prior to maintenance
you can use iwrecentusers.exe clt cmd which list all recent users(based on their recent activities timestamp, not just login).
SethHickel
Thank you Reghunath. I'll try that out.
ACheethayil
If the users are local users (not AD uders), you can disable before maintenance(it is easy) and enable back once you are done with it
SethHickel
Users are all AD users.
ACheethayil
You can change iw.cfg section
[iwcgi]
domain_list=<>
Remove all the domains from domain list except the TeamSite server local domain. So user can't access TeamSite since they can't pick the domain.