Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Visual format with Windows 7 and IE8
dazzlad
Hello All,
I'm struggling to get Visual format to work with Windows 7 and IE8.
My client is reluctant to move to TinyMCE as they are familiar with VF.
I've added the TeamSite server to my trusted sites in IE and made sure that active x controls are permitted for that zone.
I then access: /iw/ewebeditpro20/clientinstall/installnow.htm via my browser and follow the link to the manual install after the auto install fails.
Despite downloading and installing the client EXE I get the message "VisualFormat is not installed. Click to install VisualFormat. Try to automatically download and install." in place of my rich text editor in formspublisher.
I'm also struggling to find an official (Autonomy) line on browser support. The documentation on VF appears to be scarce and the links back to ektron are long since redundant.
Does anyone have any tips for getting this to work - or indeed whether it is supported.
Many Thanks.
Darren.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
What rev of TS are you running ? I have not used VFE for a few years but can try it.
I have not seen IE support before 7 and the compatibility matrix does not mention VFE.
Adam Stoller
Are the users who are trying to download the VFE [Windows] Administrator on their local client machine?
They need to be, otherwise the VFE install may not work.