Hey all, I know this has been discussed previously, but with the changes to licensing, packaging, and product naming, I thought it best to bring up again to confirm my understanding as of November 2010.
Please let me know if and where I might be mistaken (or confirm if I'm correct!)
1) A TeamSite license includes the use of SitePublisher.
2) A LiveSite license is required to display SitePublisher content (.page files) on a runtime server.
3) SitePublisher content can however be converted to html/jsp/xhtml/etc. to then be deployed on a non-LiveSite runtime (ie. Apache/tomcat/IIS/etc.)
4) SitePublisher is included in the TeamSite installation package, however if only TeamSite 7.2.1.0 is checked during the installation (after installing Common Services) SitePublisher functionality is not available
5) You must install the Web Content Authoring component included in the TeamSite installation package, which is actually LiveSite Content Authoring Services. Once this is installed there is a SitePublisher menu and functionality is accessible in the TS interface.
6) LSCS Authoring does NOT require a LiveSite license (though my log files tend to complain the lack of a LSCS.lic file)
7) If all goes smoothly, I should have SitePublisher functionality, with only a TS.lic license, however I will need to convert .page files to a format which can be rendered by a standard webserver
Please discuss