Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Report Center Database Purging
System
TS 6.7.2 SP2 on Windows
RC DB is MS SQL 2005
Hi. I'm trying to figure out if I'm missing something about how RC is supposed to work and am hoping somebody out there may enlighten me, or has gone down these roads already.
It seems that there is no purge of RC data happening with OOTB TS. Meaning, no data is ever removed from the RC DB.
So, for instance, we set an EA such as "Expiration Date" for some content. If that date has passed, we expect the report to show the file.
If the file is then deleted from the latest edition, it seems that it will still show up in our expiry report since the data would still be in the DB. Has that been others' experience?
So, this leads to a basic question about purging the data. In this case, it seems that we would want to essentially find all the data about this file and remove it from the DB when the file is deleted.
What about the general case? What have others done regarding purging data from the RC DB?
I appreciate any enlightenment...especially if I am missing something obvious.
Thanks!
Craig
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
The official word is that "there is nothing OOTB to help you".