Hi,
We are in the process of upgrading our complete Web content management landscape from TeamSite 6.7.1 SP1 on Win 2003 to TeamSite 7.2.1 on Win 2008. We have faced several issues in this journey some of it resolved with the help of Support and some it we resolved it ourselves.
Installation Path:
1. Fresh install of TeamSite 7.2.0 on Win 2008
2. Upgrade to 7.2.1 from 7.2.0
Now we are facing two major issues which we see as showstoppers for the move to the new version and platform.
1. Editors are not able to generate content in workareas to which they have full access: Editors are not able to generate using any Perl templates after the upgrade. I found that once they are made a part of the Administrator group in the OS they would be able to generate. But we can’t have that and thats a risk to security. Then I went through various forum links and found that post 6.7.1, the impersonation works only if the logged in user, creating the page as local login rights on the TeamSite server (This should not be the case. Technically TSIMP_ is the impersonation user who should have this access, and all the others get impersonated using this user). Here is the forum link: http://devnet.interwoven.com/forums_vb/showthread.php?t=20325&forumid=11&highlight=errCode%3D1385. The second thing I tried is setting impersonation to false on iwutild.cfg for templating and that works. “Modified By” in this case is the user although the owner is SYSTEM. That would not be a big problem for us. But before even fixing it I want to understand whether this is a change in this TeamSite version (not documented at least) or are our server environments different. The point is to understand the root cause and have a rational explanation for the solution. See: http://devnet.interwoven.com/forums_vb/showthread.php?t=24642&forumid=13&highlight=errCode%3D1385. Hence I need advice from you as to what the right course of action is. Which is the right way of working or is this a bug in the version. I should work with impersonate="true" because it does in our old environment with 6.7.1 SP1 and on another box with 6.7.2 on Win 2003.
2. File operations done on WFT body itself before the workflow starts, are not getting impersonated: A file operations that we do in the body of our workflows are not getting impersonated. We embed the name of the file in the DCR and the file itself when the file is passed via a workflow or Translation workflow. After this happens, the value of the "Modified By" should be the user who actually invoked the workflow. But unfortunately this seems to be showing SYSTEM which is not acceptable. This would affect the way users use TeamSite today. It would affect more than 300 users. We are using a customized version of the configurable_default_submit.wft doing some file operations before we actually submit the file. I can understand that external tasks dont get impersonated until the configuration in iw.cfg is changed but all the operations in the body of the workflow should get impersonated - Is this something related to a DLL issue? See post http://devnet.interwoven.com/forums_vb/showthread.php?t=26670&forumid=79&highlight=workflow+impersonation and the missing libeay32.dll file. For me, i cant find this file in the System32 folder. Second point of check - Should I check if my iw-cg-wrapper file is corrupt? How do I do that? Or is this something fundamentally wrong with the workflow sub system in 7.2.1.
Any support references? RTFMs? Posts? would be greatly appreciated.
P.S. Pardon me if I have for any fundementals wrong. Would be great if you can point me in the right direction.
I have also raised a case with Interwoven on this issue and wanted raise it with a broader community to get some ideas.
Cheers,
Yadhu