Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Dependencies does not update on Copy
derrick
I copied several files from site A to site B using the TeamSite website interface (Edit->Copy); however, the files that I copied have dependencies and the dependencies did not get updated to the new location on some of the files.
What is the correct way to copy the files so that the dependencies are updated on all of the files in the sites?
Is there a way to update the dependencies programattically?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Rick Poulin
Well that kind of makes sense. If you have a page that has a dependency on one.css and you copy that to two.css, the page has no dependency on two.css. I'm not sure how it would react to moving one.css or renaming to something else (probably broken pointers instead of updated dependencies). I think the goal of the dependency manager is to alert users of what they will be breaking by these operations, rather than being a tool to automatically readjust the content as a reaction to the operation.
That said, yes you can programatically update dependencies with the Java CSSDK. Look at a CSNode's associations.