What version of TeamSite and Livesite and post your cache.ccf file please.
Similarly, my page should render the output as per the parameter passed in the query string ,but lets say ,if I get a certain output for parameter ?q=1, I am getting the same output even when I give parameter as ?q=2 and make the hit with 1 minute time frame.( which I think should not happen as it should cache the output for each instance of query string
I Am using Teamsite 6.7.1 and Livesite 3.0, regarding cache file it is normal txt file with name cache.456(say) where we provide the path of page starting from "/sites/dummy/en/test.page" to invalidate the cache of page.
cache.ccf is the cache configuration file usually in WEB-INF/classes directory, it may be helpful to see if there is something there that may be an issue, but if you have not registered the query string paremeters of the components, then that could be the issue.
Are you changing component caching parameters on the actual component in page editor or to the base component in component editor? (i.e. where are you in vpath when you make this change, are you editing your site or are you in the iwconfig branch)?Components by themselves do not reflect themselves on the pages where they are used until you do "Get Latest" on the actual page to get the latest component properties.
@SE123 : why are you talking about publishing the cache invalidation file (cache.###) explicitly. I thought this file is created and deployed completely transparently by the LiveSite WF (it's even not documented, as far as I know). Did you re-engineer the workflow? AFAIK, the whole LiveSite cache entirely depends on this cache-invalidation-file to tell the runtime to invalidate the cache for that Page (especially in the case of "until publish" cache option.)
No Frederik, in our WF it is not created automatically we need to explicitly publish the file by entering the page name into it(explicitly). Yes, we have used customized workflow. Could you please tell me which workflow we should use to perform these actions automatically.
OOTB LS PLC WF does this for you automatically. If you have a custom WF then you have to create the cache.**** file and deploy it to the target location.
I understood the problem, but can I use PLC in WFT as well because I didn't find the WFT for PLC I got the IPM file for that.In case, I can't use PLC in WFT then I should create the cache.**** file and publish.
The livesite cache is mostly transparent, component cache is still the same it was in the past, you set the expiration time and it will re-execute the component when that expiry occurs. There was an anomaly with TS672SP2patch1 that behaved oddly with the internal cache and there is a patch for it.