Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Submit Direct in ContentCenter Pro??
cwilhite_sbi
Just got my hands on TS 6, and I'm stumped already. Out of the box, there is no "Submit Direct" option? Per the Admin Guide, I configure which roles have access to Submit Direct, save and reset TS. No luck. Nothing I do seems to enable Submit Direct. Anyone figure this out?
Thanks,
CW
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
I seem to recall from one of the webcasts (or perhpas it was on one of the beta forums?) that Submit Direct no longer exists [OOTB] in TS6 - The improvements to the workflow system should negate the need for it - if you want that capability (a non-review submit) - just create a simple workflow for it and activate that workflow for the roles/users/branches where you want it active.
--fish
Strolling Prime Minister of no fixed address
rwinterpacht
There was forum posting on this...I asked the exact same question. Apparently, the submit-direct (cgi-based) was in place because the submit workflow took too long if many files were to be submitted. They improved the submit workflow so performance is no longer an issue, and submit-direct is no longer needed. Here's part of a response from my original question as well:
Yep...pre-6.0 it was a performance hit in the server to submit large numbers of files which is why we kept it around so long.
I'm happy now to be able to get rid of it.
Two more points as well:
The
iwsubmit
CLT will still allow you to perform Submit-Direct via the command line
If you
really
need Submit-Direct, it can be easily added in as a custom menu item via the UI Toolkit
Thanks,
Raf Winterpacht
gzevin
Yes, I asked the same question too.
the drawback I saw was that one can now (by mistake or intentionally) remove this functionality from available_templates.cfg, thus corrupting the whole system.. whilst the previous feature was there all the time.
One could still submit direct if logs in using webdeskpro in TS6
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
GetJSessionId.java