TS 6.5 SP2 on Windows. Moved servers from an old box to a new one. Moved all configurations (including http/iw/visualformat.xml - which was unchanged since 2005).One (or more) DCTs with a VFE are inserting a BOM (byte order mark) in the DCR XML. THe DCT has no configuration: textarea required="f" rows="26" cols="73" wrap="virtual" external-editor="visualformat"Any ideas ?
It is actually not the BOM (though it certainly looks like it). The DCR has 3 Hex characters, FF FE 20 then it has some ektron junk <meta....>I can strip out all bu the 1st three character, I have tried"$body =~ s|\xff\xfe|; No go, I should be able to use ^\xff\xfe because it is the 1st characters of the field but nothing is working.WTF ?
my $xml = _getXML($file); $rootnode = TeamSite:CRnode->new($xml); $body = $rootnode->value('body');(my $bodyX = $body) =~ s/(.)/sprintf("%X", ord($1))/eg;print "Pre regex \n";print qq($bodyX\n);$body =~ s|^\xfe\xff||;(my $bodyY = $body) =~ s/(.)/sprintf("%X", ord($1))/eg;print "Post regex \n";print qq($bodyY\n);print $body."\n";
while ($body !~ /^</sm) { $body =~ s|^.||;}
while ($body !~ /^[-<a-z0-9]/smi) { ... }
So the regex did not do squat. I think you are correct on the 0xFEFF may be the UTF-16LE BOM, but why VFE is inserting that I have no clue. There was no cut and paste, I typed Hi in to the VFE.
This looks a lot like the garbage that gets inserted in VFE if the *client* Windows computer has a security fix applied that was released in Q4 (Sep?) 2009. I've not heard of this as a result of moving *server*. There was a storm on devnet back then, because of how it broke VFE on 6.5, and Interwoven refusing to fix it. Their response was "move over to 6.7". Great round-about way of announcing that 6.5 was EOL.https://customers.autonomy.com/support/secure/docs/FAQ/Interwoven/63553.html